Southwest Account Manager
An outside sales and territory management position in the wear protection industry where:
- You must have prior success selling high ticket, custom engineered solutions for material handling equipment for a variety of industries.
- You understand success in cement, coal fired power plants, mineral processing, mining, and steel.
- You know how to work in a market with several established competitors.
- You must be comfortable selling to upper management as well as to the end user, understanding the sale is from three months to 18 months
- You must be willing to prospect new markets, uncover and sell new opportunities.
- You must be excellent in building relationships while growing existing accounts. Understanding that servicing them is as equally important, knowing that it results in referrals and future business.
- You must possess strong closing skills, be an excellent listener, with exceptional problem solving skills and are committed to value-added sales, not transactional sales.
What we are looking for:
- You should be a hard worker who is passionate about the industry as well as our products.
- You will be working from a remote office (most likely out of your home) covering our Southwest Territories. Though somewhat remote, you will be working as part of a strong support team.
- You will be traveling at least 75% of the time, mostly by car and air.
The coverage area will range from AZ, NM, CA, Utah, NV, CO, Wyoming, SD.
- Experience in the abrasion/wear protection is helpful. In-depth knowledge of cement, coal-fired power, mining, steel and mineral processing industries is also beneficial.
- You must have prior earnings of at least $90,000, understand the salary/commission equation, benefits and expenses. Additionally, we offer a competitive health care coverage and 401K, EOE.
We are working with a wholly owned subsidiary of a well established European market leader in the wear protection industry.
We are a major player in the concrete, power and steel industries. We support North America from our offices in the US and Canada.
If you think we should talk, send your resume by clicking below. We will get back to you in 48 hours or less.